Saturday, October 19, 2013

Willow Manor Ball


I arrive in my customary style,
cloaked,
masked,
showing off
my 
best
assets.

I prefer to sashay about
as if 
in a 
swashbuckling
stupor.


I accept the gloved
invitation.

The brandy went
straight
to
my
head.


I danced 
in
color.


I was spied upon
by
Raven
Women.


The attention 
made me
grow
bold.



Some disapproved
of my
choice
of
dance
partners.


Others were
simply
gallant.

Perhaps, even
celebratory.


I ended my evening,
romancing
the
stone.



My stamina
all
spent,


I wing
my
way
home.


Thank you, Tess, for the invite to the Annual Willow Manor Ball.
'Twas a night to remember.

Happy Birthday to Us !!!!

For more Willow Ball stories, check out:


16 comments:

  1. Cheers, my dear! I am mad with envy over the names on that dance card of yours. Careful now, I have my eye on one of them ............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. I will gladly share the dance floor with you !!!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the cloak... I hope you enjoy the food at The Willow Manor Ball... the buffet is 'anything you like' and is promised calorie free!, enjoy!

    http://www.belleaukitchen.com/2013/10/the-willow-manor-ball.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every morsel tasted every so delicious !!!

      You may borrow my cloak if you dare !!!

      Delete
  3. Leaving already? But the party's just begun.... come back.... Can you do the fandango?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dahling, I put the FAN in fandango!!!! Care to dance a last one?

      Delete
  4. Very cool pictures! Your drawing? Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although very artsy, my style tends to be abstract. I appropriated the images for my pleasure....I am such a bad girl !!!!

      Delete
  5. Raising a glass of Guinness to you! Here's to dancing the night away at Willow Manor! If you see Jimmy Stewart here, come and find me darling, I have a bone to pick with that man...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swished and swashed, dazzled and twerked my way into a virtual Tweet !!!! I had no idea !!!! Somehow, it just feels right, doesn't it???? hahahaha !!! I hope your dear Bertie has recovered.
    BTW, I love Raven women !!!! Perhaps a bit too much ..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, I do remember you, and thank you for sharing a tango with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not recognize you at first...then of course

    ReplyDelete